Teaching Physician is a comprehensive web-based resource that connects medical schools and residency programs to community preceptors. It delivers videos, tips, answers to frequently asked questions, and links to in-depth information on precepting topics. Learn more
40.5 CME Credits Now Available Through TeachingPhysician.org
TeachingPhysician.org has expanded its content substantially since its launch in January 2012. By reading the material on the site and completing the evaluations, you can earn up to 37.5 Prescribed credits. If you also complete the three Bootcamp modules, you can earn a total 40.5 Prescribed credits.
Each section of TeachingPhysician.org contains tips, tools, videos, and supplementary articles that walk you through the steps of effective precepting. Topics include:
- Preparing Your Practice (Earn up to 1 CME credit)
- Integrating a Learner (Earn up to 2 CME credits)
- Teaching Strategies (Earn up to 15 CME credits)
- Giving Feedback (Earn up to 6 CME credits)
- Evaluating Learners (Earn up to 6 CME credits)
- Billing Issues (Earn up to 0.50 CME credits)
- Challenging Learners (Earn up to 6 CME credits)
- Electronic Health Records (Earn up to 1 CME credit)
This enduring material activity, Teaching Physician, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 37.50 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. AAFP certification begins January 16, 2014. Term of approval is for two years from this date with the option of yearly renewal. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.